Next NCME Annual Meeting
The theme of the 2018 NCME conference is “Here and There and Back Again: Making Assessment a Stronger Force for Positive Impact on Teaching and Learning.” This theme seeks to cultivate the interplay between testing (in all its forms) and the processes of instruction and learning. Assessments vary in their appearance and structure, and they fulfill a range of purposes. Such purposes are innately evaluative in nature, but assessment data can and should be viewed as meaningful by relevant stakeholders. To this end, thoughtful reflection on the information gathered through assessment activities (and how it is collected) presents considerable opportunities for the strengthening of connections between what examinees know and how such knowledge develops, as well as with our methods for assessment. Through this theme, the 2018 conference will focus on research, development, and policy that - across contexts and settings – explores and encourages strong, positive connections between assessment, teaching, and learning.
For more information on the 2018 NCME Annual Meeting, follow the links below. Check back regularly for more information
Registration Now Open on www.aera.net - NCME Members must register through AERA. Click here to register.
Confirmation letters have been sent. If you submitted a session or electronic board proposal for the NCME Annual Meeting, please check your email. If you do not see it, please check your SPAM filter. Contact NCME headquarters if you need assistance.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING NCME ONLY EVENTS:
The following NCME only events are now available on the registration form:
- Pre-Conference Training Sessions - Thursday, April 12, and Friday, April 13
- Yoga - Saturday, April 14
- Breakfast and Business Meeting - Sunday, April 15
- 5K Run - Monday, April 16
To register for any of these events, be sure to click on the “NCME” tab of the registration form
For a step by step video click here to see how to register:
The NCME Pre-Conference Training Sessions (Thursday, April 12 and Friday, April 13) are not yet slotted, so they are not on the registration form. NCME will notify when the workshops are available.
2. Click "My AERA" at the top of the page.
3. On the "My AERA page, scroll down to the 2018 Annual Meeting.
NOTE: Be sure to click on the NCME tab to register for the NCME only events (yoga, breakfast, 5k run)
4. Click "register and Make Your Hotel Reservation Now".
5. Once you complete your registration, you can make your online hotel reservation by clicking the hotel Reservation button in the upper left side of the registration confirmation summary screen.
See the attachment to the right ("Schedule of Events") for more information and step by step instructions
Registration now open for Pre-Conference Training Sessions! Go to the registration page to select and add Pre-Conference Training Sessions now!
- The location for the first day of Pre-Conference Training Sessions (Thursday, April 12) will be at the New York Hilton Midtown and the Westin at Times Square
- The second day of Pre-Conference Training Sessions (Friday, April 13) and NCME Meeting (Saturday, April 14 - Monday, April 16) will be held at the Westin at Times Square
- After you register, the online system will take you to the hotel reservation link.
Preliminary Schedule of Events
- Download the document to the right for preliminary schedule and registration information.
Program and Networking Highlights
- information coming soon
– Support NCME Through Partnership – download the Sponsorship flyer posted to the right
New York City Airports
New York City Amtrak
If you want to stay a few days to explore New York City:
New York City Visitors Guide
Broadway Show Schedule April 2018