The theme of the 2017 Annual Meeting is “Advancing Large Scale and Classroom Assessment through Research and Practice.” This theme acknowledges the need to foster and strengthen connections between large-scale assessment practice and classroom use of assessment.
In an era where data are critical for decision making for both accountability and internal improvements, it is extremely important to facilitate the integration of the two types of assessment so that information gathered from different sources can be streamlined and utilized to inform policy as well as improve practice. Furthermore, with the new advancements in innovative technology and measurement techniques, bridging the gap between summative and formative assessment has never been more viable through joint efforts among stakeholders in policy and education.
In recognition of the theme, covering both large-scale and classroom assessment, the program committee seeks a broad range of proposals, in particular those concerned with:
The Conference was held at:
- Reliability and validity issues in both large-scale and classroom assessment,
- Use of large-scale assessment results for improving teaching and learning,
- Use of classroom assessment results for improving evaluation,
- Embedding psychometric considerations in classroom assessment,
- The use of technologies and data analytics in generating new information,
- The development and validation of new educational and psychological constructs,
- Using student learning data to inform decisions in both K-12 and higher education.
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
101 Bowie St, San Antonio, TX 78205