Read more about NCME news and announcements, posts from related organizations, and measurement news in general.
- NCME President, Michael Walker, shares his reflections on the War in Israel and Gaza.
- NCME President, Michael Walker, shares his thoughts on concordances that might help people to evaluate the quality and limitations.
- NCME President, Michael Walker, issues a statement on the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court regarding affirmative action in college admissions.
- NCME is proud to announce a new journal, the Chinese/English Journal of Educational Measurement and Evaluation (CEJEME；教育测量与评估双语季刊). Read the full announcement here.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) recently released a statement opposing the Trump administration's decision to eliminate guidelines that support affirmative action in college admissions. In response, NCME’s Board of Directors issued the following statement:
NCME acknowledges the complexities of the college admissions process and believes colleges should not be restricted with respect to the variables they use to make admissions decisions. Therefore, we stand in agreement with APA on this issue, and encourage colleges to use the academic and demographic information they believe is most valuable in achieving their admissions goals.