Classroom Assessment Task Force
As part of President Mark Wilson’s leadership of NCME in 2016 he established a task force focused on classroom assessment, led by Kristen Huff (Curriculum Associates) and Dale Whittington (Shaker Heights City School District). To see the full list of task force members and brief bios, click here
To see the Task Force Charter
, adopted by the NCME Board of Directors February 2017, click here
Resources Related to Classroom Assessment
During Mark Wilson’s leadership of NCME in 2016 he wrote a series of President’s Messages, each of which focused on various aspects of classroom assessment and how it connects to summative assessment and the curriculum. To access this series of articles see below:
• The Importance of Classroom Assessment, click here
• The Functions of Summative Assessment, click here
• Relating Classroom and Summative Assessment to the Curriculum, click here
• The Role of Learning Progressions in Classroom Assessment, click here
To learn about the Classroom Assessment Standards, click here
• The 2018 NCME Annual Meeting
featured a specific strand addressing classroom assessment. Click here
to access the 2018 conference program.
• On October 8-10, 2018 a special NCME conference on classroom assessment will be hosted at the University of Kansas. The Call for Proposals can be found here.
Deadline is June 30.
• In April 2017, the NCME Annual Meeting featured multiple sessions focused on classroom assessment. For highlights, click here
• In September 2017, the University of Kansas hosted a special NCME conference on classroom assessment. For highlights, click here